Global Category Manager Logistics
As a Global Category Manager Logistics you’re part of the Global Procurement team(10fte) located in Assendelft and report to the VP Supply Chain. As Logistics is an important part of the product portfolio you’ll operate in close cooperation with the management of the 4 business lines. Your global spend will be app. € 90 mio.
Your mission is
- Regional procurement of logistics (all aspects; specify, negotiate, contract etc.) for the category logistics (ocean freight, road freight and warehousing)
- Support development of a coherent Logistics plan aligned with the Logistics Strategy and the individual Business lines logistics requirements
- Contribute to the continuous cross BU assessment and benchmarking to identify logistics improvement opportunities
- Participates in projects on logistics procurement related topics.
- Support to develop and deploy The Logistics Strategy aligned with the Business lines requirements / strategy
- Support commercial controls to fully leverage Forbo Flooring power in the market to secure maximum benefit to individual Business lines
- Contribute to modelling & simulation, footprint development, logistics mode selection to ensure cross Business lines synergies and benefits are captured.
- Point of escalation settling operational issues
Besides the commercial awareness you have a strong sense of accountability and ownership with a high level of autonomy to develop spend and cost reduction projects and execute on those together with stakeholders and other procurement members. You have the ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and you are highly effective with stakeholder management. You have a strong ambition to develop yourself and grow in responsibilities. You consider International travelling as an interesting part of the job. We hope that you recognize yourself with the next aspects we think are essential to have to make this job a success:
• Business or engineering degree at bachelor/university level
• At least 5 years relevant work experience
• Knowledge of sourcing strategy creation
• Experience in Sourcing and contract management
• Fluently in English
Forbo Flooring Systems
Forbo Flooring Systems is a global, innovative and design oriented flooring solutions provider whose focus is on their people, planet, products and customers around the world thanks to the inspiration and commitment of over 3000 employees. They are part of the Forbo group stock listed on the Swiss stock Exchange with an annual turnover of € 1.3 bn and an Ebit of € 130 million in ’22. Forbo Flooring Systems has manufacturing plants and sales offices in more than 20 countries. With a market share of over 65% Forbo is world leader in linoleum which is sold in rolls as well as modular tile formats.
.In 2022, Flooring Systems invested € 17.9 million (previous year: € 23.4 million) in various production sites, accompanied by environmental improvements to optimize the circular economy. Three words are at the foundation of everything they do: transparency, circularity and renewability. By centering what they do around these values, they ensure that everything that comes from Forbo Flooring Systems delivers value to both people and the planet.
Forbo Flooring Systems considers talented and motivated employees as their greatest strength, sharing 3 values which are most important to them, “inspiring”, “daring” and “caring”.
Forbo Flooring is a people-oriented organization and offers a competitive salary, a 13th month, a bonus and a company car/mobility arrangement for the ambitious Global Category Manager Logistics