Category Manager Raw Materials Emea (Scherpenzeel)
This role reports directly to the Procurement Director Europe
The main responsibilities in this role are:
- Ensure added value to the key area of raw materials as well as MRO items, services and operational indirect spend.
- Source and develop new suppliers; nurture and effectively manage supplier relationships to encourage early supplier engagement in improvements and supply chain innovations.
- Challenge the status quo and create alternative business solutions whilst embracing the principles of sustainability to contribute to Interface Climate Take Back mission and reach the Science Based Target set for 2030.
- Collaborate proactively and closely with all internal Procurement stakeholders across Europe (Planning, Logistics & Distribution, R&D, New Product Development) to ensure that the company targets are met.
- Maximise efficiencies in the inbound supply chain, minimise risk and vulnerability.
- Optimise the financial results of the Procurement function to support bottom line growth whilst focusing on Total Cost of Ownership.
- Supplier Performance Management.
- Research, develop, maintain and deliver data analysis of market influences in order to contribute to predicting upstream trends and anticipate and act on opportunities and threats implementing an appropriate risk strategy.
- Administration of company’s computerised and other systems to ensure that we operate within relevant procedures and that data is accurate and available to serve the business.
For this interesting and varied role, we are looking for a candidate who meets the following job requirements:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent Bachelor+ / Master’s degree
- Proven experience of Procurement at a medior level
- Proven track record of adding value through the supply chain
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Strong Sourcing, Commercial and Contract Management skills
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures and Logistics Skills,
- CIPS/NEVI Manager Level achieved – desirable
- Manufacturing background preferable
Interface, Inc. is a global flooring company specializing in carbon neutral carpet tile and resilient flooring, including luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and nora® rubber flooring. They help their customers create high-performance interior spaces that support well-being, productivity, and creativity, as well as the sustainability of the planet. Through their Carbon Neutral Floors™ program, all flooring products are made carbon neutral across the entire product lifecycle. They have set a goal to be a carbon negative company by 2040. Interface has a global turnover of app € 1.2 billion in 100+ countries, 7 production sites at 4 continents and 4100 people are pushing the boundaries of Interface day by day.
For the European Supply chain organisation of the productline Carpet Tile based in Scherpenzeel we are looking for a Category Manager Raw Materials Emea
At Interface you will be part of an innovative global family with sustainability in their DNA. For this role Interface has an interesting package of conditions. Hybrid presence.